Wednesday, February 25, 2015

ONLINE REPUTATION

For this blog post assignment, I am searching a certain classmate, Chelan Smith, across several platforms to see what kind of trends I can find. I first found her facebook page very easily because we are both members of the same facebook group for the class. The first place I went to in order to find out more about Chelan was her photo link. I instantly saw sky diving pictures. This tells me that she is a very outgoing person who loves adventure. She has several pictures that look like they were taken in a tropical place, which might indicate that she has recently traveled and enjoys frequent traveling. I would say she is a free spirit and a fun person to hang out with. She probably has some interesting life experiences and cool stories that would be great to hear. I also notice a lot of pictures of someone who seems to be a little sister getting ready to go on a formal school dance. I would guess that Chelan is very close to her sister and values their relationship. Chelan also seems to be more of a private person when it comes to social media. Because we are not facebook friends and I only have access to a very limited amount of information about her and pictures.


1499435_10202992017991412_1156515540_n.jpg 

 946079_10201112606967311_1368633633_n.jpg

I googled her name but only found photos of a Jamaican bikini model who shares the same name so the next place I looked where I knew I could find information was the blog list on our class facebook page. As I quickly scanned through her blog posts, I realized that she has done every single one ontime. This would indicate that she is not a procrastinator. As I looked deeper into her posts, I realized that she is a very insightful student and has some interesting opinions. She puts thought and time into her blog posts which indicate that she cares about the class and has a knack for social media.


The last place that I looked was twitter. I knew that we both use the #socmeddiscuss so I was positive I could find her there. After looking though her twitter, I notice that she is following a prominent LDS leader. I would assume that she is LDS and proud of it. She has tweeted a few times about family and friends. This helps my hypothesis that she is very family oriented and most likely a faithful friend. She follows some funny twitter accounts which let me know that she enjoys a good laugh and probably has a good sense of humor herself. I also see that she has retweeted a few tweets from the twitter account “Common White Girl.” After thinking long and hard, researching her on these various platforms, viewing her facebook pictures, and seeing her in class twice a week, I can confidently come to the conclusion that she is a white adult female.



To sum up what I think I have learned about Chelan Smith through my social media stalking is that she is a family oriented person who enjoys the company of good friendship. She is religious and not afraid to let others know. She is outgoing and very adventuresome. She also has some serious guts to jump out of an airplane at thousands of feet in the air. All in all, she seems like the type of family member or friend anyone would be lucky to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment